Saturday, March 26, 2011

Swimming, biking and walking

My mom and I had a great swim this morning. We did about 60 minutes of laps in the pool alternating between 10 laps of swimming and then 10 laps of using the kick board to strengthen my legs and to maintain my level of fitness. After using the kick board for so long I think I could tackle any hill that I come across. My legs were BURNING!

After I got home and showered Alan and I walked a little over 2 miles to pick up my bike from the shop. Sirius was happy to be getting some exercise and was so excited that they let him into the store! On the way back I rode the bike while Alan and SWP ran. I was super jealous that the two of them were running but was happy that Alan is enjoying it more and more and is getting so much faster and can run for longer. Super proud of him!

So not an amazing best workout of my life Saturday, but it is the best that I could do for today. Which is going to be my new theme. I might not be able to do my favorite thing - run - but that doesn't mean that I can't do the best that I can with everything else. So tomorrow is a new day, and I am planning on swimming again. My mom was a great teacher today and really helped me with my swimming form. I am ready to face those middle schoolers now! My mom was also impressed with how fast I can swim so who knows, maybe the swim team will want me to join! Too bad for them, they lost their chance!

1 comment:

  1. Your mom was totally impressed with how fast you are!!! Im so proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete