Monday, March 21, 2011

No pump for me today

Mondays are usually treadmill and then body pump with maybe a little more treadmill for dessert. Not today. Today, I am skipping the gym. I will pick up Sirius from Alan's work and we will go for a walk. I am dreading this. I'm not dreading walking and spending time with my little boy. I am dreading, I guess depressed is actually the right word, depressed that I am not running AGAIN today and am not even doing my weight class.

Yesterday I tried to do a run on it but it was just painful and more discomfort then I think I should push through. So I spent the day with it elevated with ice on it. I also was popping some advil just incase anything is inflamed. I am hoping that after today I will be able to get back into running. I have 13.1 miles calling my name in a few weeks and I do not want this injury to side line me or to cause me not to finish. I have been working way too hard to not run these races to the best of my ability.

I guess only time will tell. I will put my time in and rest and hopefully I will get better faster and will have some great runs to boost my spirits and will be back to my old self just in time to get some PRs in the next races.

1 comment:

  1. You are going to rock those races! Just give your body the time to repair itself. Maybe getting on a bike or eliptical might be good so you can keep up your cardio while keeping your knee safe.

    ReplyDelete