Thursday, March 3, 2011

Running to make me happy

4 miles ish / 4o ish min

I took my Garmin. I started it and then after mile 2 it kept giving me a "lap error" whatever that means. Instead of fighting with it and putting myself in an even worse mood I turned it off and didn't think twice about my pace or anything. It was nice to run sans Garmin and just run.

I had a bad day at work. A lot of stuff just has been building up for a while. Like over a year. Today I just reached a breaking point. I didn't feel like going for a run at all. All I felt like doing after I got home was putting on comfy clothes and vegging and feel sorry for myself. I knew I couldn't let the dog down and I knew that I wouldn't regret a run.

I made myself change into my running clothes and I knew once I was dressed I would go. It worked, obviously. I got ready and left. The sidewalks were SUPER ICY. Like I fell, so icy. Oh well. No one ever died slipping on ice. (yeah that old cliche doesn't necessarily work in this situation.) I was lucky and didn't break or sprain anything.

After I got home Alan asked how I felt. I said I felt better and that I ran to feel happy again. It was the most honest statement. I didn't even think about that. It just came out. So true though. I had a great run. I didn't push myself or worry about my pace or which route to go on to get the most miles or anything. I just ran to feel happy. This was one of the best runs I have ever had.

No comments:

Post a Comment