Sunday, March 20, 2011

STRESSED OUT

I tried to run yesterday at the gym before Body Pump. I was ready for a good treadmill run. However, my body wasn't as psyched as I was. Not sure what I did on Thursdays run but ever since my right knee has been hurting. I didn't do anything Friday and thought that by Saturday morning I would be better. NOPE. Not only was I not able to run Saturday but I had to skip out on a lot of Body Pump (lunges). I was so annoyed and in a funk because of it.

My first 1/2 is in 3 weeks and this is NOT a good time to be having any issues what so ever. I am hoping that taking the weekend off I will be back to normal tomorrow. We'll see. I started to tear up today. I just feel like I have worked so hard and to be so close to the races and to feel so ready and then have a curve ball thrown at me like this is really frustrating. I am sure that I will be back to normal in plenty of enough time to run a great race. However, it is frustrating that all winter I ran through crappy weather and now that the weather is nicer and warmer I am side lined. GRR. I think that is what I am most frustrated about. Why could I not have had this knee pain issue when it was 0 degrees and 3 feet of snow? Why when its 50 and sunny am I sitting on the couch instead of outside with my sunglasses on and running up a storm. Oh well. At least it is not and not the week of the race! Trying to look on the positive!

No comments:

Post a Comment