Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Best of intentions...

4 miles / 1.0 / 32 min

Best of intentions mean nothing sometimes. I had every intention to have a great run. I had charged my ipod all day, I had some new energy chews (free sample from FRS) and I was pumped. About 30 min before I was set to run I excitedly opened the package of the orange mango chews. I popped one in my mouth gearing up to open another chew. EW. Those had to be the grossest thing that has ever entered my mouth! Maybe it was the flavor? I tried the blueberry pomegranate. Just as disgusting! The consistency was gritty and it was like a never ending chewy thing. So bad. I didn't have any other energy gel/gu/chew so I was bummed. Oh well. I popped some hot tamale jelly beans and hoped that would help with my run.

I got to the gym and hopped on the treadmill ready to go. FAIL. Ipod was completely dead. ok. I can run long distances without music outside all the time. I never listen to music actually when I run outside. I only listen to tunes when I am on the treadmill and during races. I painfully ran 4 miles and wanted to die the whole time. I was so bored. The heat felt like it was on and blowing on me the whole time as well. Oh well. You win some you lose some.

Normally I would be annoyed that I didn't get into a groove and bang out a great run. Today, I am feeling ok with it. I know not every run will be stellar. I know not every planned run will work out. I know that some days you will feel like it and sometimes you still don't get a good run in. I know other times you dread the run and you end up having the best one of your life. When you run for fun does it really matter? You just want to have fun and if it doesn't make you happy oh well. There is always a run to do the next day!

No comments:

Post a Comment