Monday, February 28, 2011

It's an Uphill Battle

3.5 miles / 1.0 incline / 28 min
60 min Body Pump

I went on the treadmill today. Before I even started, I didn't want to do it. Mentally I wasn't wanting to run. Physically, nothing was wrong with me, I just mentally made myself tired and gave myself stomach aches. I ran at an incline and it totally defeated me before I even started. I decided to run at a 7.5 which is my "slow" fast pace. I ran a mile at that and bumped it down. I started getting side stitches and bumped it down again. Then some good motivating songs came on my playlist. Eminem's "til I collapse" totally inspired me to try harder. To run until I collapse. To run harder and not give up. To work harder so that I can be proud and know that I did what I had to do and left it all out on the rubber.

Back up to 7.5 I went. I ended the run at an 8.0. Not my greatest run but a decent run for a first run with an incline. I only did 3.5 because I slacked and talked to one of my friends that works at the gym and was running out of time to do much more than 3.5. It also made it a nice round 100 for the month if I stopped at 3.5 so that was ok too.

No comments:

Post a Comment