Monday, February 28, 2011

Music Monday

Today I am listening to some hip hop. Eminem, Dr. Dre, Jay Z etc. It is a gross dreary day and I am feeling very sluggish so I need something to keep me awake and gear me up for a run today.

Almost all of the running blogs that I read they mention when running on a treadmill they put the incline up to 1.0 to simulate being outside instead of just running on a flat the whole time. I think today I will try this out. I think it wont hurt. I mean, it will hurt while I am running, but it wont hurt my training. I am sure my legs will feel very heavy and sluggish afterwards but that is good. Maybe since Wednesdays are dubbed my "speed" day, Mondays can be my incline day? Run at a constant pace but keep the incline at a 1.0? I think it sounds good to me. I will try it at least and see how that works.

*side note: as I am typing this blog I am listening to Eminem's "i'm not afraid" ummm truthfully I am semi afraid of my treadmill workout today. Not going to lie. I am 100% a creature of habit and routine. I am fearful that if I boost the incline then my speed will go down the drain and that I will be really mad at myself. I know I am ridiculous! I will report later tonight and let you all (all 8 of you hahahaha) how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment