Saturday, February 26, 2011

All of the Lights

6 miles / 43 min
60 min Body Pump

I went to the gym today and knew that I would have a great workout. Having two days off for me was too much in a row. I was going bonkers yesterday. I made a great playlist and was ready for a great run. I hopped on the treadmill and cranked it up to 8.3 ran for .16 miles and then the thing just stopped. I almost fell it was so abrupt. So I had to go sign up for another treadmill and restart. Cranked it up to 8.3 again and because I like to play games when I got to .84 (+.16 = 1mile) I cranked it to 8.4 for .16. When I got to 1 mile I went back to 8.3. This went on for 5.5 miles of cranking it up to 8.4 for the last .16 of the mile. Finally at 5.5 I was going to call it quits but I realized that if I went to 5.84 then I would have essentially ran 6 miles if I combined the two times. So I did. I added the time that it took to run .16 to my time and so I got 43 min in 6 miles. 7:10 min mile pace. Another reason why I wanted to go a little further was Kanye West's song All of the Lights. I am obsessed with this song. Like got goosebumps running sprinting towards the "finish line" obsessed. I just felt so strong.

****I had the video uploaded but for some reason it would automatically play so I removed it as it was quite obnoxious to always have it start playing every time the page refreshed.****

When Rihanna says:

Turn up the lights in here baby
extra bright, I want y'all to see this
turn up the lights in here, baby
you know what I need
want you to see everything
Want you to see all of the lights

I imagined that I was in a stadium and the lights come on and there are crowds so I have to give them something to see. They have to see me running fast! I know I am crazy weird.

It definitely felt a little tougher than Wednesday's run but I feel like overall since I really started running my pace and the ease of the miles are better. I used to run 3 miles on the treadmill before pump and think "geeze what a tough workout" Now 6 miles barely phases me. I have totally crossed over into the crazy land with all the crazies!

I debated on whether I would hop back on the treadmill after body pump or not. I opted not to. I knew Alan wanted to go snowshoeing and I figured that they would have the side walks plowed and so I figured I could do an outdoor run as well. We'll see. I am on the couch right now and boy is it comfy!

Hope you all have a great Saturday and you get some sweat time in!

No comments:

Post a Comment