Saturday, February 12, 2011

Strep and Running

5 miles / 40 min TM
60 min Body Pump

So I am fairly certain I am in the beginning stages of strep throat. A girl I work with has strep and so does the rest of her family. I have hung out with her all week as she didn't think she had it. She got tested to be certain and the doctors called her yesterday to tell her that yes, she did test positive. WONDERFUL. I felt fine yesterday, fine last night. Except I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't swallow. Not a good sign. I got up when my alarm went off and got ready for the gym. I was able to get through my run and for the majority of body pump. Now I feel drained. My throat hurts. My head hurts, and guess what, so do my ears. YAY! I am hoping its just a cold and will go away in a few hours. Wishful thinking! I have an epic run on tap for tomorrow and really do not want this sore throat / cold or whatever it is to get in my way.

I should be happy that at least I got 5 miles in. Better than nothing. Now onto relaxing, as I clearly need to lay low and rest up to get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment