Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Mary Madness

so I listened to my body and took another rest day. After yesterday's struggle of a run (no gu, maybe it really is magic potion, Paula.) I knew today wouldn't be stellar and it would make me that much more bummed. Work has been crazy yesterday and today and I didn't sleep well Sunday night. Let's see, how many other excuses can I come up with? I am not trying to come up with excuses, just reasons why I shouldn't be so bummed about a slacker day on Monday, and no run at all today.

ANYWAYS, I am signed up for the Key Bank City Marathon and am super pumped about that and today I officially signed up for the 13.1 unplugged marathon that is 8 weeks prior to the KBCM. So I think it will be a great training run for the KBCM and a great gage to see how much more training and work needs to get done in those 8 weeks. I also want to sign up for the Rock and Roll 1/2 Marathon in Providence. I am trying to convince a few girlfriends to do it with me and turn it into a girls weekend. However, I wouldn't be opposed to it being a nice weekend getaway with Alan either. OR it could be the best of both worlds! I also just emailed my sister in law to see if she would want to make it a family event too. I figured with the different groups of people I have tried to con into doing it with me I might get at least ONE person to actually sign up and do it with me! Who's with me? SIGN UP already! What are you waiting for???? (ok I haven't even signed up yet so no worries - haha)

No comments:

Post a Comment