Saturday, April 9, 2011

Unplugged Review

13.1 miles / 1:57:42
*Garmin says it is only 12.88 so who knows....

Nothing like a pre race photo session

What did we sign up for?!?!?! 13.1? I thought it was 1.31...EEK

Air running is easier than REAL running...

ready to head out. We can do this!

I am very proud of my time considering last week I was getting ready to put my bib up for sale on craigslist!! Not running in four weeks, being in physical therapy for 2 weeks and onlyrunning 5 miles in those 4 weeks. I WILL TAKE IT and I AM PROUD. I ran the whole thing with Paulaand I am so happy and proud of her. She looked great during the whole thing and I was a proud mama bear!

Her husband was awesome support too! He drove us to the start waited in the car with us, listened to all our antics and our Q&A and then hopped on his bike to meet us at the 1/2 way point and then again at the finish line. THANKS ANDREW!

Also want to give a shout out to my own Husband, Alan. He gives me constant support and I knew he would be at the finish waiting with SWP. I felt so loved! Thanks Alan for listening to all my dreams and seeing them through with me. I love you! He also is the absolute best Epson Salt Shaker!

A little nervous waiting to start

at the starting line....

This course was great. Started at one end of the bike path and ended at the other end. We got to run along the waterfront the whole way. It was great. The weather couldn't have been better. It was a little chilly in the morning but after 3 miles you warmed right up!


The sun was out and it was absolutely temperature wise amazing. I really have nothing bad to say about this course. They tell you up front with their motto, "No hills, no frills". You don't get a finishers medal, you don't get gu along the way. You get water at mile marker 4.5, 7.5 and then at 10 I believe. Which was fine with me. I can pack my own gu! The after race picnic was pretty nice though. They had wrap sandwiches, tomato soup, gatorade, brownies, sodas, waters etc. I thought it was a great race and a great training race for those competing in the KBCM in 8 weeks.

After finishing. Happy to be done! Clearly I was really into the double thumbs up today!

Here are my splits for the race. I tried to keep us at a 9min/mile pace and felt like I did a pretty decent job. You can tell I was feeling pretty well at around mile 7 and picked it up but then tried to rein myself back. Sorry Paula!

average 9:08 not too bad of a job! You might not want to hire me as a pacer but not too shabby for a rookie....Yes I am tooting my own horn!

*I am really bad at coming up with captions for photos and I get uber cheestastic when thinking of them. SORRY!
**all photos were taken by Andrew. Thanks Andrew for being a great photographer!!!

1 comment: