Saturday, June 25, 2011

Last Run

7 miles / 1:02:35

We are leaving today and the car ride is about 4 hours. Alan thought it would be best (for his own sanity) if I got up and took Sirius on a run so that the two of us were tired and got our energy out for the day. I think he is trying to tell me that Sirius and I are sometimes too much. How rude.

To be the nice wife that I am, I got up early, got ready and we hit the trail, err the bike path. It was a pretty slow start and the miles seemed to take forever. I felt like I was going at a snails pace. Definitely not breaking any records with my run today. However, I got 7 miles in, and Sirius is passed out on the floor so I guess I did my job!

Now I need to shower and load up the car. I hope it doesn't rain the whole ride up because I really want to stop at the Dog Chapel and walk around a bit with SWP. We shall see though!

Have a great week and a great holiday weekend next weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Have a great trip! Did you get the 7 miles in before the rain? Try to find those vacation hills to train on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun and run some hills!

    Prudence- you're doing the Mad Marathon, too, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes- but I'm only doing a 9 mile leg- the second leg!

    ReplyDelete