Friday, June 10, 2011

5am 4 miles

4 miles / 34ish min

I got up at 4:55 and looked outside. It was dark and gloomy and I convinced myself that it was about to rain. I got back in bed and laid there for a few minutes. I then realized that it was dark because it was 5am and NOT because it is about to rain. I got back out of bed and changed and got ready to go. I am glad I realized that it is dark at night and light in the day and not all darkness equals rain but even if it does rain its ok, I am not going to melt.

Sirius was not in the mood to run, hence my slowish time. He was dragging the whole time. I wanted to go further than 4 miles but I knew in the state Sirius was in it would be selfish to push him that much. An easy 4 miles it was. It was such a nice run too. I go along a busy road and then it goes up a hill into "the hill section" of the town I live in and it goes along the college campus. I feel really safe running there at off times because of all the blue emergency lights that are planted along the way as well as being on semi busy street with houses and businesses all along the way. I still carry my Mace and my whistle, because you can never be too careful. Plus I have the killer attack dog with me too!

I am in such a great mood today because of my morning workout. I love a good morning sweat. The plus side, it was the perfect temperature outside this morning. 63 and a slight breeze. Absolutely perfect. If my next race could be those conditions I think I could definitely PR!

I am really looking forward to my afternoon delight with R4J. We scheduled a run earlier in the week for today and I am so happy we did. Today is going to be a great day. Sunny and low 70's. I can hardly wait! I wish I could get out of work right now and just run all day. Totally in one of those moods. You know, when you fall a little more in love with running, and with everything else as well. Today, is definitely going to be a good day!

1 comment:

  1. Great run! Sounds like beautiful conditions too...I would love a run in those temps!

    ReplyDelete