Friday, June 17, 2011

Trail Running

3.5 miles / 30 ish mins

I went to this place called The Catamount Family Fun Center. It basically is acres of trails that go through the woods and what not. They have several pre-marked trails for 5ks and 15ks. I opted to do a 5k trail as I am not really a trail runner per se. The trail kicked my trash and I got lost which is why I ran 3.5 and not 3.1. Yeah. I get lost basically anywhere I go. I also think Unicorns and wizards are real but that is a whole other story.

I had a great tim trail running but wasn't so pumped with the slowness of my time. I thought I was getting faster! The only thing that is keeping me happy about my time is knowing that I am not great at trail running, that I am a newbie and there were quite a few hills! That's my story and I am sticking to it!

I am hoping to get in some high mileage this weekend. Mentally I need it and physically, we just wont even go there! Happy weekend!!!!

1 comment:

  1. You definitely have to embrace a slower time when you're running trails!
    (P.S--the title says 30-ish miles....that can't be right or you're superwoman!)
    :)

    ReplyDelete