Sunday, June 5, 2011

Last Minute Decision

It's 6:40 and I need to leave by 7 if I am going to run this race or not. I am dressed in my running gear and am just sitting on the couch. I am debating, still, on doing this race. It's not that I don't want to. I do now. However, I went out yesterday for a run and was excited with how beautiful and perfect running weather it was. I made it .5 mile before the pain in my foot hurt so bad. I made it a total of 2 miles before I called it quits. I spent the rest of the afternoon massaging and rolling my foot with my foot massager. Then I went out again with Alan. Again, I made it only 2 miles before calling it quits. Everything I am reading online it sounds like its an inflammation caused by overuse. Just like every other ailment it needs RICE (rest, ice, compression and elevation)

Normally I have a high pain tolerance and can run through pain. Proof, yesterday when my foot hurt so bad I had to stop after 2 miles, those 2 miles were some of the faster runs I have had in a while! However, because now it is so painful that it is hard to ignore I am wondering if I continue to push through it and have the selfish mindset of it not stopping my workouts if I am going to cause more damage. I don't want to be sidelined for my July 10th Mad 1/2! Maybe it would be better to sit this 10k out and focus on resting and then training for the Mad? I hate disappointing people and know my co-worker will be at the finish line expecting me to be there. I am disappointed too. I really wanted to go and run and see what my 10k time looks like. Plus I need a good race under my belt since last Sunday was such a shit show for me!

Right now its 50-50. I will do a race recap if I have a race to recap!

1 comment:

  1. Not sure what you decided to do, but either way I hope your foot is feeling ok!
    :)

    ReplyDelete