Saturday, June 11, 2011

This is awkward

10 miles / 1:24:43

I was planning on a long run this morning. I mentally needed it. I had a great day yesterday but then I got into a funk at night. The only thing that gets me out of a funk is a good run. I was planning on doing 8 MAYBE 9 miles and was going to wake up whenever I woke up. No alarm today! I got up around my normal saturday time and putz around. I made some coffee read some Runners World and a chapter in Mile Markers - great book so far - figured around 8:30 it was time to start on my journey.

I rarely go on runs without Sirius. The only times are when it is too hot or on a Wednesday because he was at daycare all day and is too tired. Today, though, I knew I would be running solo. I wanted to push myself with pace and also mileage. I didn't want to be limited with where I could go because of traffic or anything. I just wanted to turn my mind off, not have to worry about anything else around me except for me and to keep moving. I guess I just needed to be selfish and have some alone time.

It was such a great run. About 6 ish miles into my run it started to rain. I didn't have a hat, or a coat on so I got a little chilly and rain in my eyes, but it was just want I needed. I really enjoy running in the rain and it was a nice cool off too. It didn't rain too hard, just sprinkled which was perfect. However, I wear the Jergens Natural Glow lotion that gradually gets darker and makes my albino skin look like I have a great tan. I was also wearing white shorts. So needless to say my legs were streaking orange and my shorts were see-through. Oh well. You win some and you lose some! In all honesty, it lightened my mood up that much more. I was able to laugh at myself which made me feel back to my old self.

I am feeling great now. Not in a funk, and ready for anything!

Here are my splits. I am pretty happy with my time seeing as how it was a hillier route then I normally take, it was raining and I ran 8 miles yesterday. I really was surprised when I saw my splits because I really didn't feel like I was pushing myself and certainly I wasn't looking at my Garmin that much at all. So I was pleasantly surprised to say the least.


Do you like running in the rain?
I love it, as long as it isn't like a torrential downpour and you can't see or a really cold rain where you are just frozen solid. A nice relaxing rain is nice especially in the summer where it semi cools you off during a hard/long run.

What do you do to get out of a funk?
Working out definitely improves my mood. Sometimes if I am being blah, Alan will tell me to go for a run. He knows me so well.

What are your weekend plans?
I just showered and am relaxing right now. However, my stomach is growling so I see a meal in my very near future!

Do you take Gu or anything on long runs?
I normally do but today I didn't. I had a cup of coffee before I left so I felt good. Plus I didn't want to carry any gu or anything since my pocket was already full with my rape whistle and my mace. Yes, I am neurotic!

No comments:

Post a Comment