Monday, June 20, 2011

DOUBLE DIP

4.5 / 40:53 hilly
3. 5 / 1.0 / 30 min
60 min body pump

I got up this morning at 5am and headed out the door. I went a new route through some neighborhoods which had some great hills. Note to self: no need to waste gas driving to Mt. Philo, just run up CLIFF STREET! Yowzers! It was great prep work for my upcoming half marathon that R4J graciously reminded me with a text message that the race is less than 3 weeks away! EEK.

After my run, I showered and got ready for work. After work I got to the gym and hopped on the treadmill. I was feeling pretty sluggish and didn't really want to do a run. I forced myself to do 3.5 so that I would close out the day on an even 8 miles. Sounded good to me!

Sometimes I think doing a double dip workout (running more than once in one day) is way more of a mental break through than a physical one. I was sluggish on my second run, but it wasn't unmanageable. I was able to do 3.5 miles and only stopped as I had run out of time. Mentally though I kept saying to myself; why are you running again? 4.5 was good enough for today, you could stop now if you wanted to. I think running twice helps me to build up my mental endurance so that towards the end of a race when I am drained I can push through the road blocks and finish strong. At least that is what I am hoping for. I'll let you all know how that works out for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment