Monday, June 6, 2011

I'm not good at taking it easy

4 miles / 1.0 incline / 31 min
60 min Body Pump

I iced my foot all day, and tried to stay off it as much as possible. Well, except for those two 15 minute walks I did. But besides that I tried to stay off of it as much as possible. I felt pretty good and decided to TRY to run a little before my body pump class. I wore my regular New Balance Trail runners and I felt pain the whole first mile and a half. However, after that, I felt great. I am starting to think that maybe, just maybe, the waffle tread on my New Balance minimalist shoes might be causing my issue. I will have to do some more testing before I will say with absolute certainty but I am leaning that way. That isn't to say I don't LOVE my minis. I do. I will still wear them. However, I think I will use them for shorter runs, start wearing my 5 fingers (my real first love) and then use my NB trail runners for long distances.

I am planning on getting up early and doing a run in the morning with my trail runners and then maybe after work tomorrow I will wear my mini's and see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment