Friday, June 3, 2011

1 mile sprint

Alan called and said he was on his way home. He had walked to work today so I said I would meet him halfway and run home. I figured since I was only running at most a mile and a half and would be walking home to push it. I didn't wear my Garmin but I definitely pushed it. I would say I did a mile in under 8 and maybe even close to a 7 min mile. Gives me hope that someday soon I will break through and run a sub 1:45 1/2. Gotta run a sub 1:57 first though.

I am definitely leaning more towards running the dairy fest. I saw that last year the top three in each age category got TROPHIES and that there were only 90 people that ran it. I figure I might have a fighting chance to get a trophy....we'll see. Still trying to get R4J to run it with me though. I wonder i the lure of a trophy will win her over?

No comments:

Post a Comment