Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Early Morning Run

7 miles /65ish min

Today I got up early to go for a run. It's getting warmer and warmer and it's unfair to Sirius to make him run in the heat. Plus, it's not so much fun for me either. I set the alarm for 5am and got out of bed fairly easily. Sirius was even up and ready to go which is quite unheard of since he is so lazy and likes to sleep in usually. We were out the door by 5:10am. I wanted to do an easy 7 miles and not push it too much seeing as how I just did 13 the other day and MIGHT do a 10k this weekend - more on that later.

I got to 3.5 miles and I was going to do a loop and then heard the beep from my watch indicating a low battery. Out and back it was to make sure I got the full 7 in.

Watch obviously died which was a little annoying as I had no idea what time it was and I had plans on commuting via bike today to work. Nope, got home too late and drove. Oh well.

So the 10k this weekend is in a small town in Northern Vermont. I normally wouldn't even think about doing it but a guy I work with asks me every year if I am going to run at the darily festival. I have in the past had things going on, or wasn't in 10k shape etc. This year, he knows I am in shape, and that I don't have anything going on. He even printed me the registration form for me to fill out and said that since he is working at the dairy festival he will cheer me on at the finish line. I feel like he is so excited for me NOT to run. I am of course trying to get R4J to run it with me. (ahem, hint hint!) so we'll see. The race fee is cheap, you get a shirt and it will make my co-worker really excited. win, win!

Today is the last day of the month and I am happy to report that I was able to make up some of my missed miles from my injury. I am closing this month out with 117 with a total of 450 miles year to date. I am not 50 miles short. Not too shabby. I know eventually I will be able to make it all up and am excited that I am that much closer to my ultimate goal of 1,000 miles for 2011! WOO HOO!



2 comments:

  1. You are.. excuse my language... effing crazy for running 7 miles two days after a half!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, 7 miles after a half - impressive!

    ReplyDelete