Saturday, January 29, 2011

First Month's Goal MET!

5 miles / 40.30
60 min Body Pump
5 miles / 42:30

I had a great workout today. Ran for 5 miles prior to body pump and then had another treadmill session for another 5 miles. I have said it before, and I'll say it again. Running on a treadmill I feel like a hamster. Even broken up between two sessions the rodent feeling is still there. Hamster or not, I did it.

It isn't that I mind the treadmill. It's just different. I am used to running outside. I usually run the same few runs so the scenery doesn't change much, which is fine. I am a creature of habit and I like knowing that when I get to almost the blue emergency light near the UVM field it is 2 miles and that when I finish the downhill past the Burlington Country club that it is 4 miles and it is 1 more mile to get home. I like that. The treadmill takes all the fun of knowing where you are and how much further because it tells you automatically. Just something that I have to get used to I guess.

I think its good to change up the workout and do outside and inside runs. If nothing else it makes me appreciate my outdoor runs that much more. Even if it is frigid out. Soon spring will be here and I will be a really happy girl!


No comments:

Post a Comment