Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Long overdue sweat session

10 miles - sssllloooowww

Alan and I originally were planning on coming home from Maine today, but due to weather and just being bored and ready to leave we left a day early and came home yesterday. I had already taken the 5th off and figured a one day stay-cation would be nice. I got up with Alan and walked him to work with SWP and then I left sans Sirius and headed towards the waterfront bike path. It was super hot and I took it REAL slow. Like pathetically slow. Anyways, I went 3.5 miles and then headed back to pick Sirius up from Alan's work and then the two of us walked home for a total of 10 miles. 3 of those were walking but I need all the mileage I can get!

I did take a hillier route along the bike path though. You, locals, are probably thinking - a hillier bike path option? there is no such thing. Well there is. I went along the bike path, hopped off and went up battery street and then down depot back onto the bike path. On the way back I went up Depot (for those not from around this area it is basically a sheer cliff that you have to scale up. They close it to traffic because it is so steep!) and then ran down battery. It was so hot and humid and I was so sweaty and gross and felt like I was dying 90% of my whole run which makes me so nervous for this weekends half. I usually get nervous for any race but I just repeat to myself, trust your training. Well, I can't do that this time because I don't trust my training and I don't trust that I did all that needed to be done in order to be prepared. Oh well. It will be a PW (personal worst) and that is just what is going to happen. It will be 13.1 miles longer than I would have run on Sunday if I hadn't signed up and aren't we all about fitness and miles around here? That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment