Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Clean Eating

I could easily tell at Monday's Body Pump class that I hadn't been in a while. I had to decrease my weight I usually use and was sweating profusely. I knew I was going to be sore the next day. Today, is two days later and I am still sore. This does not bode well as today is my other regular schedule body pump / gym day. I am nervous. My inner thighs are so sore from the squats and lunges. My hamstrings are super tight and need to be stretched out before they are put through any more torture. The easy thing would be to take another day of rest off and go on Saturday morning.

Nope, not doing it. I am going to go to the gym and I am going to run before the class and I am going to suffer through another painful strenuous pump class. My body will forgive me as it usually does, and I will finally be back in the swing of things.

Hopefully this will help my figure as well. I have noticed that the past few months that have been chaotic and I have been skipping my usual gym days I have been getting "softer". I do not enjoy softness! Much to my husbands disapproval, I enjoy flexing my back muscles and making him gag. I take this as being, I am one buff lady! I enjoy the fact that when I am running my biceps and triceps flex as I pump my arms. I feel like it makes me look tough and it wards off any unwelcomed advances from strangers! I also like walking by buildings that have windows and I can see the reflection of my quads flexing as I walk.

I take pride in my muscles, and pride in my body. Lately, I don't feel like I have much to be proud of. I have been slacking in the gym, doing mediocre running and have been eating more calories than I should. Sugar, grease, fat have been old friends of mine that I have banished for a while, but when I got burnt out on running I also go burnt out on eating healthy and fueling my body properly. Eating crap has left me feeling exhausted and stomach aches. The past few days I have been trying to eat healthy. Sugar snap peas, carrots, celery, peppers, broccoli and califlower have replaced the unhealthier snacks that I have been ingesting. I feel like I am back to me again. The me that is strict with her diet, and excited about her workouts. The me, that goes to bed early because she worked hard that day. The me that sleeps more soundly and refreshed when I wake up. It is so amazing how eating healthy and working out can change so many aspects of your life.

What are you favorite healthy foods?
I love fresh veggies and fruit!

Any ideas on what to do with a mound of beets?
We joined a local farmers co-op and have been getting TONS of beets. I heard roasting them is good? Mama, what does your hubby do with them? He's a chef, I need tips!

Is anyone else tired of the warm weather?
I have realized that I enjoy low 50-low 60 degree weather temps way more than 80 - 90. I am so over the heat. I feel like I melt when I walk outside :(

No comments:

Post a Comment