Thursday, July 21, 2011

How can it be this hot, this early?

4.5 miles / 37 min

I set my alarm for 4:55am and got up. I checked my phone to see what the temperature was. 77 degrees. For real? It's 5am!!!! Shorts and a tank top. I got going and left a little after 5. The run was hot, humid, muggy. Not comfortable at all. There was a slight breeze but instead of it being nice and cool it felt more like a hair dryer. More hot hair just blowing in my face. It was disgusting. I wanted to do a little bit longer than what I did but I did, what I did and that's better than nothing!

I didn't make it to the gym yesterday for pump and a run. Family stuff came up and I just wanted to be home with Alan. I knew because I took Tuesday off and didn't make it to the gym yesterday I knew I had to do something today which is why I forced myself up at 5am. It wasn't too bad though. I definitely enjoy doing my runs in the morning before work, it is just so hard to wake up so early. I just need to do it. I am going to try to start back up with my morning runs along with my usual gym routine. Hopefully if I get back into the habits of all my "usual" habits then I will be back to where I want to be mentally and physically.

No comments:

Post a Comment